Friday, February 4, 2011

Lola's Friday Favorite

This is BIG.
i am reading again.
some of you may now that my mental illness
has a huge impact on my
ability to concentrate and comprehend written information,
and therefore completely removes the joy that i
experience in the pages of books.

but i am reading again
over the last 3 weeks i have been lost in the pages
of "A room of one's own" by Virginia Woolfe.
things move slower for me these days,
i still have to read then re-read some sentences
to fully absorb them
but the words are bringing a smile to my lips once again.



Picture from We Heart It

1 comment:

  1. This is so wonderful to hear Lisa! I didn't realise you were suffering from the same difficulties as I am, though it comes as no surprise.

    My inability to concentrate and understand and retain written information has been one of the most devastating symptoms of my mental illness and side-effects of my medications. Particularly as during some phases of my illness I was 'blessed' with a supernatural speed reading ability.

    So glad to hear about this breakthrough, I hope the patience and dedication required makes the experience of reading all the richer! Virginia would be proud :-)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete